Magic Power Tattoo believes in the magic of tattooing and of the power that all tattoos bring to those who wear them. No matter how big or small, each tattoo is a talisman to carry through each persons quest through this world.
Each tattooer believes in the traditions of tattooing that have been passed down through centuries by those that came before us. We intend to keep those traditions alive and to give each person a tattoo that will last them through their journey.
If you are interested in getting a tattoo, please contact the tattooer you would like to work with directly. If you need any general guidance please feel free to email or call the shop.
Is there a shop minimum?
Yes. The shop minimum is $100.
How old do I have to be to get tattooed?
You must be at least 18 years old to get tattooed at our shop. Although the state of Connecticut has a parental consent law, we do not accept parental consent for anyone under 18.
Do you have a piercer at the shop?
No. We do not offer piercings.
What do you recommend for aftercare?
- Remove the bandage once you arrive home, if it’s stuck, wet it lightly with water until it’s easily removed. Wash your tattoo with fragrance-free soap, we recommend Dial, gently with your fingertips and pat dry. DO NOT SCRUB.
- Wash 2-3 times daily and apply a small amount of unscented lotion until healed.
- NO SWIMMING, DIRECT SUN EXPOSURE, OR SOAKING until your tattoo is completely healed, typically within 2-4 weeks.
- NO scratching or picking during the healing process.
- If your artist gave you different aftercare instructions, follow those.
Do I have to leave a deposit to schedule my appointment?
Yes. Deposits start at $50 and vary depending on the size and complexity of the tattoo. The deposit will come off of your final appointment cost if multiple appointments are needed.
Do you take walk-ins?
Yes, however, it will depend on artist availability. If you would like to come in for a walk-in, please call or text the shop at 860-255-4302 prior to coming in to ensure there is someone available. Scheduling an appointment is the best way to guarantee your spot.
How can I schedule an appointment?
Please fill out the appointment request form. Please allow up to a week for a response.
How much will my tattoo cost?
There is no set cost for a tattoo. Costs will depend on a design’s complexity, size, color, and placement, and the time needed to complete the tattoo. For an estimate, please come into the shop and speak with one of our artists.